Nuffnang

Friday, May 24, 2013

Perth / UWA Day 1-2

Perth Day 1


Here's the start of my Perth journey! Its been about say.... 2weeks odd since I stepped into Australia... Weather was great when I was there, though my skin was getting rather painful due to its dry nature but thats fine. Hahahah. Arrived Perth at about 9pm+, and was rather freaky because I didn't know where to go and I had to take a transit bus to Perth city before I could meet Brenda!


Took the Perth Connect bus from airport (which was just outside the exit in front from where you arrive) to Hilton hotel! Paid 18AUD for the ticket. I was worried that I'll get lost so I kept myself awake and keep looking all around. Hahah, how exciting but damn scary at the same time.


Met Grace + Brenda at Hilton hotel after their Macs supper. Tsktsk. Left me waiting there. From the hotel we walked to the bus interchange and then took the last bus to UWA (University of Western Australia) and it was rather long ride I must say!


After reaching UWA, went to return some books, and then headed back to the hostel. Well, after our failed attempts to gather everyone, only Deanna went over and she was the first I surprised! Hahahah. Then.....I had to make my way to Rachel/Stef hostel because they refuse to come and attend the "urgent" meeting we were trying to call for LOL.


Awwww, Stef was so surprised she almost teared! (or I think she did?) But sure it was nice seeing you guys, the priceless expression. Heh.


Then had suppppperrrrr. Cooked noodles wooohooo. Was freaking hungry since I left airport. Food's too expensive on plane ya.


Thankfully Eden left his airbed, so I could use it. Hahah.


Perth Day 2



Wokeup pretty early, and then headed over to Rachel's!


Very tumblr-worthy. Ha ha ha ha.



Went to school, and went to help them for Live Below the Line event that was going on! And I had like AUD 40cents pasta! Wasn't fantastic but was good enough to fill the stomach! After which, returned their equipments in their school studio-ish place.


Finally then met with the rest! Yaayyyy. Oh, but before that, I haven got to surprise Melodi, so we wanted to surprise her in a more exciting way, but she was already making her way up to Rachel's room, so I just did the same way like how I did to Deanna. Hiding behind da door, and peek-ka-boooo!








Blissful Deanna is blissful :)







We then headed off to town! Ummm, not too sure where we went but according to Rachel, we went to Clairemont for some grocery shopping! Hahah.







Hipstarboiwannabe.





Their so called EZ-linkcard tapping system.

Then we arrived to Coles- which is also their supermarket! After some, running from the rain.








Friggin' huge ass vegetables they have.


Never knew it was possible to place milks this way.


Cheeeken they sell!




Qt bags.



Oh, something I must mention, which I feel Singapore should consider getting is, this check out service! Whats different from Australia to Singapore is that, the ones in Auzzie, allows notes + coins, and actually returns your change in coins AND notes tooo!!! How cool is that!?


Our buys!



While resting in a restaurant, spotted these weird people, probably some marketing gimmick.



Everywhere just looks so goood *____*







Oh, and I was told that, in Auzzie, they call it Hungry Jack's and not Burger King!!!






This is how their bus stop signs look like!






Here's Melodi's hostel which she's staying, which is about say.....10 - 15 mins walk away from UWA!


After all that shopping done. Had dinner, first time having dinner over @ Currie Hall!!! Well, dinner wasn't too good though!


Let me explain a bit about how their dining system works though. Ummm for Brenda/Deanna/Grace/Yingsui, because they stay in hostel which has a kitchen (to cook, LOL) so they are only entitled to 1 free meal in the dining hall! On the otherhand, for Rachel/Stef, because they stay in hostel which has no kitchen, they are entitled to 2 meals! In any case, you have to settle at least 1 meal on your own (but that isn't a problem since they normally skip past breakfast anyway LOL)



Peaceful at its best..



Oh, and the above shots were because I got so bored waiting for them, after dozing off, I was just taking photos away.........of myself.


Thats pretty much Day 2 of Perth for me! There are also photos from my iTouch before heading for Clairemont, but I'm kinda lazy to get em now. Hahaha, so I'll get them when its more convenient. Heh. Hope these pictures were good visuals to enyoy! n___n


No comments: